Last time I had a cigarette was 10pm, July 30, 2011. It has been:
Contents of this DIV will be replaced by the timer
Weight gain so far: 5kg

Monday 18 July 2011

Day -7

The reason I set up this blog is to help motivate me further as I try to quit smoking, and for those who have quit who might understand better, its to give me something extra to keep me occupied so I don't light up.

I will attempt to post an entry every single day so I have a record of how I'm doing. If all goes well, I should be smoke-free in 3 months time, and there should be 90 entries!

I've been smoking since I was 18, when a pack of 20 cigarettes used to cost RM3.50 per pack. I'm now 30 years old and a 20-pack costs RM10.

My first attempt at quitting was when I was 19, I failed miserably.
My second attempt at quitting was when I was 23, I lasted one month cold turkey.
My third attempt was to use the drug Champix in early-2009, it went well for six weeks and then I could not afford it.
This is my fourth and hopefully final attempt. I'm once again using Champix. Its been 7 days, enough time for the drug to build up its presence in the body. The next 7 days will be crucial.

By the end of this week, I should no longer be picking up a cigarette but will instead be fighting the demons in my head day in and day out.

Tomorrow, why I started smoking in the first place.

2 comments:

  1. Don't forget to factor in the economics of you smoking whilst in Melbourne!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yeah, there will definitely be a post about the monetary cost

    ReplyDelete